Some time ago there was an email sent to this group with the subject "weak ordering for data registered memory". I don't recall any action resulting from this thread. So, I have a question. If a bit were defined to specify "strong ordering", perhaps as a "access" flag (see ibv_access_flags) and used with ibv_reg_mr(), would that be sufficient for (1) client applications that need a HW "guarantee" of writing the last byte of an RDMA last and (2) platform implementations that need to deliver that feature?

-David