On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Roland Dreier wrote:
|  > It is used by the new ib_qib driver to expose the SL to VL table
|  > since the user level MPI library (libpsm) constructs packets including
|  > the IB header. After the driver calls ib_register_device(),
|  > it calls device_create_file() to create the files in
|  > /sys/class/infiniband/qib0/. Then it uses struct ib_device->port_list
|  > to get the pointer to ib_port to add a directory similar to "gids"
|  > and "pkeys" for each SL.
|
| Hmm, maybe we should just add a vls directory with sl0 ... sl15 or
| something like that in generic code?  I don't see why this needs to be
| driver-specific code.

No particular reason, it just didn't seem likely to be useful on other
HCA drivers.   I can redo the patches that way, if people think it's
the right thing to do.

|  > Yes, this is what I'm working on.
|  > The patch is the only change outside of the hw/qib/ directory.
|  > Do you want to see a preview of the sysfs code?
|
| I think the earlier you can post the whole driver, the sooner you'll get
| it upstream.

Yeah, we know...   Schedule and people conflicts have slowed this down.
We want to do it, and soon.

And yes, the ib_ipath is being fully deprecated.  The "full set" of
patches that adds ib_qib upstream will include a subset that drops
ib_ipath.   All the bug fixes and feature work have been done for ib_qib

Dave Olson
dave.ol...@qlogic.com