On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
> [ ... ]
>
> Also, I couldn't tell for sure from a cursory examination of the
> patch, but the initiator must be designed to not stall processing the
> RQ dependent on the SQ or the credit level, when using a credit scheme
> like this. Or you will deadlock.
>
> For instance it isn't clear to me how the control flow around
> srp_process_cred_req is ment to work - it tries to send a reply, but
> if it can't due to srp_get_txp_iu failing it just gives up forever?

For a standards-conforming SRP target, srp_get_txp_iu() will never
fail. A quote from section 5.5.2 of the SRP r16a document:

SRP target ports shall limit themselves to one outstanding SRP request
(see table 7) per RDMA channel. Upon
sending an SRP request, an SRP target port shall not send another SRP
request on the same RDMA channel
until after it receives the SRP response (see table 8) for the
previous SRP request.

Bart.