Eli Cohen wrote:
Why are you asking me to validate that? Did you actually encounter a problem
with this?
yes, I did. It didn't work with some ofed drop I was using. Anyway, as I said, I can do some validation that IBoE doesn't break upstream IB, just need the patches for that end, so once they are available, I will give them a try over 2.6.35-rcX

The counters patches will divert the code: for iboe it will not issue a MAD to
the firmware. It will use another command.
Can you be more specific what is the origin for this new design? is it HW limitation or firware limitation or something else? In case its not hardware limitation, I don't think we need to go for non MAD based scheme, at least not for mlx4

Or.