Steve Wise wrote:

I wonder how does neighbor discovery, routing, etc work with iscsi?

For cxgb3i:

ND is handled by initiating ND via exported kernel services (neigh_event_send()) and registering for NETEVENT_NEIGH_UPDATE net events to get updated neigh entries.

The host routing table is consulted via ip_route_output_flow() to map a destination ip address to a local netdev, and then if that device is T3, it will do the iscsi offload.

By the way, this is how iWARP works too. The ND stuff is done by the IWCM during RESOLVE_ADDR. The routing lookups are done by the iWARP devices themselves typically.

Sorry I meant "by the iWARP device drivers themselves"

Steve.