Liran Liss wrote:
> but keeping ib_create_ah() callable from any context is not a goal by itself.

going with your approach, if your proposed design is accepted, I believe that
you probably need to patch all the code-chains that makes calls under the
current assumption

> I am looking for constructive ideas for supporting iboe without breaking
> Verbs/CQE/CM syntax.

I don't agree that exposing the Ethernet L2 related information to the caller
is breaking something, the converse, it is a required enhancement.

I think we need to let resolve through the rdma-cm && get to know at the
consumer level, what are the source / destination macs, vlan id and vlan
priority used by an IBoE QP, in the exact manner all the IB equivalents
(src/dst lid, pkey, sl) are resolved by the rdma-cm and exposed to the consmer
app for IB QP.

Or.