On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 09:00:26AM +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> I think we need to let resolve through the rdma-cm && get to know at
> the consumer level, what are the source / destination macs, vlan id
> and vlan priority used by an IBoE QP, in the exact manner all the IB
> equivalents (src/dst lid, pkey, sl) are resolved by the rdma-cm and
> exposed to the consmer app for IB QP.

I agree.

Clearly following the model of IB is the best way to fit this in
without major changing. RDMA-CM is the way to get IP integration, it
uses existing eth devices attached to the master eth device (analogous
to IPoIB devices) and resolves IP to eth device to VLAN header and
neighbour.

If someone needs to do something else special it is pretty easy to do
all the same steps in userspace using netlink, and that could go into
a library, just like PR queries for IB.