Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 01:12:17PM -0500, Steve Wise wrote:

The cxgb* drivers actually reference the neigh and dst structs until the offload connection is gone. Also if the the offloaded connection has problems transmitting (due to a L2 address change, for example), then the driver will initiate ND again by calling neigh_event_send(). See t4_l2t_send_event() in l2t.c which is called by the iwarp driver in peer_abort() from iwch_cm.c when the HW tells us its retransmitting too much.
0
That strikes me as mildly scary.. The cxgb can't possibly get the
right dst (ie, the same dst that the RDMA CM got) in all the corner
cases? Ie how can setting oif to 0 in iwch_cm.c:find_route be right??

I guess it should be using the oif from the cm_id?

So, looks like there is a larger cleanup here, if the RDMACM holds the
dst and has functions to freshen it/track it then the iwarp driver
should rely on the RDMACM to manage the dst..

In other words, moving the dst handling from iwch_cm into RDMACM would
also mostly satisfy why Or is trying to do.

Does that make sense to you Steve?

Yes, in principle. If you want to move all this into the RDMACM, then an interface must be devised so the drivers can tell the RDMACM that an offload connection is failing and probably needs ND/NUD done. Or some such feedback interface. And the RDMACM needs to call the devices if something changes like routing redirects I guess. You might want the device to specify whether it wants the rdma-cm to handle all this or not. Some devices might be better able to handle this stuff.

How does the cxgb3 driver know when to update the HW if the dst/nd
entries change?

It uses netevents.  See nb_callback() in drivers/net/cxgb3/cxgb3_offload.c.