> I agree ib_types.h is more generic than opensm. Moving to libibmad and
> making opensm depend on this is probably better than all the
> duplication. There have been viewpoints that libibumad and libibmad
> shouldn't be separate (as they are small) but they were never combined
> into a single library.

My motivation with these changes is for ibacm to receive and use notification
of CM timeouts to update its path record cache.  ibacm already defines the
basic mad structure, multicast record, and path record.  It would also need the
CM mad format.  I'd happily remove these definitions if they were already
available.

Porting madeye to user space is a side benefit to the proposed kernel changes.

ibacm only depends on libibumad.  The madeye port also only depends on
libibumad.  Honestly, I find the libibmad APIs confusing.  I'd much rather
libibumad provide mad definitions.

Sasha/Ira, do either of you have opinions on this?