On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Hefty, Sean <sean.he...@intel.com> wrote:
>> I agree ib_types.h is more generic than opensm. Moving to libibmad and
>> making opensm depend on this is probably better than all the
>> duplication. There have been viewpoints that libibumad and libibmad
>> shouldn't be separate (as they are small) but they were never combined
>> into a single library.

The other thing I just recalled was the OpenSM portability issue.
ib_types.h is needed here and libibmad/libibumad is not in all those
environments. As you''re all too well aware, this was even the case in
Windows until very recently. There may still be others we care about
where moving ib_types.h might be problematic.

-- Hal