Ralph Campbell wrote:
I guess what I'm objecting to is hard coding mlx4. I was trying to think of a
way that would allow other HCAs to support the block loopback option in the
future. It looks like ipoib sets IB_QP_CREATE_BLOCK_MULTICAST_LOOPBACK for
kernel QPs but this isn't defined in libibverbs yet. It seems reasonable to add
that feature some time in the future and change ibacm to use it. In the mean
time, I guess I don't see an alternative to your patch.
Ralph, Sean

Its been couple of years since some folks from Voltaire tried to push this flag and the grounds for adding similar flags for QP creation, on the bright side, its there for kernel consumers where existing flags are LSO, block-multicast-loopback. On the somehow disappointing side, we didn't get that merged for user space. Basically, there was a claim on dependency with XRC patch set which also added flags for QPs, at some point, Ron Livne managed to introduce patch set which is independent of the XCR, see (*) below, but it didn't get in. As such one of our application teams pushed to ofed that mlx4 patch which sets this bit by default and the acm code is trying to identify and act upon its existence (**)

Or.

(*) latest post of the patch set

0/4: https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openfabrics-general/2008/12/11/4392994
1/4: https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openfabrics-general/2008/12/11/4393054