On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Michael Heinz <michael.he...@qlogic.com> wrote:
> This patch addresses the problem by providing a function to build the node
> description. If the provided source string for the description contains an
> '@' character, the function will substitute the current utsname.
>
> This ensures that even after a fabric has been completely initialized, if
> a node's hostname changes, that change will be reflected in the next sweep
> of the SM, but also maintains compatibility with existing code since the
> behavior is unchanged if the description string does not contain an '@'
> character.

This looks like a reasonable approach to me, although of course the SM
has no way of knowing it should update a port's node description if a
hostname changes.

Aside from some minor quibbles
 - next time please use different subjects for each patch in the thread
 - the prototype of ib_build_node_desc() seems to force every call
   site to have a cast; maybe the function should take a pointer to
   struct ib_smp instead?
 - the internals of ib_build_node_desc() look a bit ugly, is there any
   way to make it a little cleaner?
I do like this.  Does anyone have any feelings about applying this
for 2.6.39?  Is this shipping in OFED?

 - R.