On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Bernard Metzler <b...@zurich.ibm.com> wrote:
> after rebasing to davem/net-next-2.6.git, I formatted a patch adding
> to the initial 'siw' driver posting from last October. Given the rather
> substantial amount of changes and time elapsed, I am not sure if people
> would better like a complete re-posting of all files.
> If I don't hear objection before tomorrow I would post it as an
> increment - as summarized below.

Documentation in general and for sysfs attributes in particular seems
to be missing ?

Also, the following statement in siw_main.c:

ibdev->modify_port = NULL;

causes the following behavior if ib_modify_port() is invoked on a
softiwarp port:

BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at           (null)
IP: [<          (null)>]           (null)
Call Trace:
 [<ffffffffa0313c15>] ? ib_modify_port+0x55/0x60 [ib_core]
[ ... ]

Shouldn't the siw driver return an error code instead of setting
ibdev->modify_port to NULL ?

Bart.