On Thursday 21 July 2011 14:58, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> > If MPI can use a different XRC domain per job (and deallocate the domain
> > at the job's end), this would solve the tgt qp lifetime problem (-- by
> > destroying all the tgt qp's when the xrc domain is deallocated).
>
> What happens if the MPI job crashes and does not properly deallocate the XRC
> domain / tgt qp?

I assume that you mean with Sean's new interface. Sean should verify what I
write below.

If you use file descriptors for the XRC domain, then when the last user of the
domain exits, the domain
gets destroyed (at least this is in OFED.  Sean's code looks the same).

In this case, the kernel cleanup code for the process should close the XRC
domains opened by that
process, so there is no leakage.

When the last user of an XRC domain exits cleanly (or crashes), the domain
should be destroyed.
In this case, with Sean's design, the tgt qp's for the XRC domain should also
be destroyed.

Sean, is this correct?

-Jack