On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM,  <parav.pan...@emulex.com> wrote:
> 2. For adding hardware driver for a new RDMA adapter, to which git tree(s) do
> I need to submit patches?
> openfabrics.org as well as kernel.org or just openfabrics is sufficient?
>
> git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_5/linux-2.6.git, branch ofed_kernel_1_5?
> and
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git, branch
> for-next?
>
> 4. I am little confused.
> pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git is not showing up in the list
> at http://git.kernel.org.
> Am I looking at wrong place? Or?
>
> 5. my_new_rdma_hw_driver that will be located in
> drivers/infiniband/hw/my_new_rdma_hw_driver directory, does it have to
> compile for all backports or only my desired kernel versions are sufficient
> for OFED 1.5.x, as I don't plan to support 2.6.22 and older kernel version?

Please focus on upstream kernel first, then worry about OFED backports.

My for-next tree is temporarily at https://github.com/rolandd/infiniband
while kernel.org recovers from the security break.

But really it's fine to work against Linus's 3.1-rc as well.  At this point
it's probably not realistic to expect your code to get into 3.2, but it's the
perfect time to start reviewing for a 3.3 merge.

Looking forward to seeing another RDMA adapter supported upstream...
 - Roland