On 1/12/2012 11:23 AM, Sebastian Riemer wrote:
We are running iSER directly on the host. KVM is compiled in but there aren't any VMs on our iSER test server. It is a diskless SuperMicro server with NFS root. On productive servers we have a live-image and KVM uses the iSER driven block devices for storage. This is the IB HCA (mlx4): Mellanox MT26428 [ConnectX IB QDR, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] We've updated the firmware lately on all servers. How can I find out the firmware version? With tvflash or mstflint?

If you have build the kernel IB user space support (uverbs) and the IB libs, do "ibv_devinfo" if not, just ossi "cat /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/*" and send the output. To be clear, iser does work for you on the productive servers but not on this server?

The storage has the same IB HCA, and they are connected via a switch. I'll ask someone of the SysOps which one it is and if they have the latest firmware on it. Perhaps this could be the problem.

As its local protection error on TX, I don't see how this could relate to the target node.