On 12/01/12 10:29, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> If you  have build the kernel IB user space support (uverbs) and the
> IB libs, do "ibv_devinfo" if not, just ossi "cat
> /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/*" and send the output. To be clear, iser
> does work for you on the productive servers but not on this server?

Yes, we've got consistent OFED-1.5.4 user-space. "ibv_devinfo" reports a
"mismatch between the kernel and the userspace libraries" - "kernel does
not support XRC.". "ibverbs-driver-mlx4" is at version
1.0.1-1.20.g6771d22 and "libibverbs" is at version 1.1.4-1.24.gb89d4d7.

But O.K., the other method shows firmware version "2.9.1000".

iSER only works on productive servers, because we use the OFA kernel
modules from OFED for them at the moment (with 3.0 ported *iscsi*
drivers). But there the IPoIB traffic is too slow for us.
We connect customer VMs with IPv6 between different servers via IB.

And yes, we could also test kernel 3.2 on our iSER test server.

Regards,
Sebastian