On 02/28/2012 04:08 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
> By default ibacm expects to find its configuration files in /etc/ibacm.
>  This adds to the proliferation of directories in /etc/ needlessly.  We
> already have a number of RDMA related directories to choose from
> depending on your install (OFED == /etc/ofed or /etc/openib in the old
> days, RHEL5 == /etc/openib from the old days, RHEL6 and Fedora are
> /etc/rdma, don't know what SuSE uses).  Would be best if these files
> were in the same place as the other RDMA related files.  And to make
> that happen easily, it would be best if they picked up on %{sysconfdir}
> from the ./configure invocation in order to set the directory.  I used a
> static patch for now because I'm behind on my work, so updating the
> configure script was more than I had time to do.  I'm not bothering to
> include my patch as it needs done the other way so my patch is purely a
> stopgap that should not see the time of day ;-)

Oh, and another issue, the pid and lock files are not in the LSB
standard locations:

Pid file: /var/run/
Lock file: /var/lock/subsys/  (this is created by the init script, and
it is doing the right thing here)

Right now the program creates the pid file in /var/lock (or
/var/run/lock, don't know which and they are linked so it shows up both
places), but not in /var/run which is the standard location for pid
files.  The port file can stay where it is.

--
Doug Ledford <dledf...@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD