Hi Bernard,

> many thanks for commenting on the software iWARP RDMA
> driver code is sent about 5 weeks ago. I hope I now
> incorporated all recent suggestions and fixes.
>
> These are the main changes:
>
> o changing siw device attachment to be dynamic based on
>   netlink events
> o enabling inline data for kernel clients
>   (now inline data are stored within wqe structure)
> o bitmask access to packet headers removing the
>   '#if defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN_BITFIELD)' style
> o moving debug stuff to debugfs
> o shrinking the stack size of the core tx
>   function
> o updates to documentation
>

> Due to the number of lines of code changed, it might be
> appropriate if I send a complete new patchset. I'll
> keep patch packaging as before.
>
> I made the current siw code available at
> www.gitorious.org/softiwarp
> and will keep it up-to-date. This code is now free
> of kernel version dependencies. It has been tested
> on different kernel versions from version 2.6.36.2
> up to 3.0.0-rc1+. I tested on both big an little
> endian machines.
>
> I would be very happy to get further input. I work on
> this project only part of my time - all your input speeds
> up code maturing. I would be happy if the code reaches an
> acceptable status soon. Thank you.

I'm wondering what the status of this patchset is?

Do you get any feedback?

It would be very good if the softiwarp module could be
included in the mainline kernel.

Hopefully Samba will get support for SMB-Direct (SMB2 over RDMA) support
in future. And having RDMA support without hardware support would be very
good for testing and also for usage on the client side against a server
which has hardware RDMA support.

For me at least rping tests work fine using siw.ko on a 3.2.x kernel on
Ubuntu 12.04.

metze