On Sep 19, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Alex Rosenbaum <al...@mellanox.com> wrote:

> Since we use the RDMA_PS_IPOIB we need librdmacm to help get the correct
> pkey_index and qkey (in INIT->RTR transition) to match IPoIB's UD QP own
> values. If not, than our user space UD QP will not be able to send/recv from
> IPoIB on remote machines (which is what we want to gain by using the IPOIB
> port space).
>
> Maybe we can save the values used from the rdma_create_qp and reuse them once
> modify the UD QP state by libverbs (ibv_modify_qp).
> It would be nice if we had access to the rdma's modify qp wrapper to do this
> nicely from application level.

I too would be interested in bringing a QP from error back to a usable state. I
have been debating whether to reconnect using the current RDMA calls versus
trying to transition the existing RC QP.

I assumed to transition the existing QP that I would need to open a socket to
coordinate the two sides. Is that correct?

If I were instead to use rdma_connect(), does it require a new CM id or just a
new QP within the same id?

Thanks,

Scott