On Sep 19, 2012, at 1:05 PM, "Hefty, Sean" <sean.he...@intel.com> wrote:

>> I too would be interested in bringing a QP from error back to a usable
>> state. I
>> have been debating whether to reconnect using the current RDMA calls versus
>> trying to transition the existing RC QP.
>>
>> I assumed to transition the existing QP that I would need to open a socket to
>> coordinate the two sides. Is that correct?
>>
>> If I were instead to use rdma_connect(), does it require a new CM id or just
>> new QP within the same id?
>
> What do you gain by transitioning an RC QP from error to RTS, versus just
> establishing a new connection?

I have a certain amount of state regarding a peer. I lookup that state based on
the qp_num returned within a work completion, for example. If I reconnect, I
will need to migrate the state from the old qp_num to the new qp_num.

I have no preference which is why I asked about the two options (opening a
socket to coordinate state transitions versus connecting with a new QP).

Scott--