Hi Roland,

We got a report that on a system with multiple (say two) ConnectX HCAs, its possible for the order of device probing to be different across simple reboots, that is sometimes the device with PCI BDF X is probed 1st and gets to be IB device mlx4_0 and some other-timesthe device with BDF Y gets to be mlx4_0 and X becomes mlx4_1, and so on,
which for some reason creates a hassle for them.

I don't fully understand how the PCI scan order can change between different reboots, but have the feeling its possible (in black box manner, the reports claims that).

Thinking about this a bit, will it be possible to provide a udev rulethat can dictate to the IB core what name / suffix digit to assign for a device with certain BDF?

Or.