On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 16:45 +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Having it in the caller has the
> advantage that the compiler can optimize the shift operation out because
> the number that is being shifted left is a constant.

srp_finish_req() is likely to be inlined, so the compiler will be able
to make this optimization. Regardless, this is so far in the noise that
it looses to readability.

>  And if later on it
> would be necessary to set more fields of the SCSI result in a caller of
> srp_finish_req() then that will be possible without having to modify the
> srp_finish_req() function itself.

Other than REQ_QUIET, what do you think would need to be added? I think
we can cross that bridge when we get there, as I don't think REQ_QUIET
should not be set in the LLDs.