On 16/07/2013 4:11, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
This sounds like a nice Idea, but there an inherent problem about
applications coming and going while the connections are static (somewhat),
how can you control pinning an arbitrary application running (over SRP
devices of-course) at certain point of time.

So will you agree at least to give target->comp_vector a default of
IB_CQ_VECTOR_LEAST_ATTACHED?
 From my point of view, a user that don't have a slightest clue about
completion vectors and performance optimization, this is somewhat better
than doing nothing...

Hello Sagi,

That sounds like an interesting proposal to me. But did the patch that adds the IB_CQ_VECTOR_LEAST_ATTACHED feature ever get accepted in the upstream Linux kernel ? I have tried to find that symbol in Linux kernel v3.11-rc1 but couldn't find it. Maybe I have overlooked something ?

Bart.