We are using the RoCE ethertype in the MAC frames, and that is all of the
similarity between usNIC protocol and RoCE.  L3 is not the GRH, but rather a
usNIC L3 header.  Customers can distinguish between RoCE traffic and usNIC
traffic by looking at the version of the L3 frame.  It is set to 6 for RoCE
traffic and to 8 for usNIC traffic.

Upinder