On 10/10/2013 11:32, Yann Droneaud wrote:
Le 10.10.2013 10:02, Or Gerlitz a écrit :
On 10/10/2013 00:12, Yann Droneaud wrote:
I've suggested reverting temporarily commit 22878db, 436f2ad, 400dbc9
for v3.12 in a previous message [1]. This proposition doesn't sound
acceptable for Or.

So I continue to improve them to be in a better shape for v3.12.

Yan, we are 3-4 days before rc5 and as such renaming/beautifying
things or removing checks for negative values
against unsigned variables et al cleanups are not acceptable. You need
to re-arrange the series such that ONLY the fixes
to the user/kernel API are targeted to 3.12 and appear as the first
2-3 patches, the rest will go to 3.13 subject to review.

It does not only "beautifying" the code: it actually fix it.

IB/core: Rename 'flow' structs to match other uverbs structs
IB/core: Makes uverbs flow structure using names more similar to verbs ones
IB/core: Remove checks for negative values in create_flow uverbs

You must agree that these three patches can go to 3.13 -- also, if there are
other small fixes which do not touch the user/kernel API they can go to 3.13
too and subject to review into -stable

What you need to prepare for 3.12 are fixes that relate to user/kernel API
and are not fixed in the patch Matan sent on Sep 22nd https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2924341
and relative to that patch

Or.