[Apologies if you get this twice, mailer crashed during the first send]

On Thu, 2014-07-03 at 15:48 +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Reduce completion queue lock contention by polling for multiple
> work completions at once. Limit the number of poll cycles per
> completion notification to preserve fairness if multiple verbs
> applications use the same port or if multiple IB interrupts have
> been mapped to the same CPU core.

Do you have performance/CPU utilization numbers for this change?

When we looked at this back in the 2.6.38 time-frame, there were several
performance anomalies with this -- and an block-iopoll conversion -- and
IIRC, neither was a win. It's possible that the issues were specific to
the drivers and that newer hardware is better, but it'd be good to see
the numbers.