On 07/03/14 19:05, David Dillow wrote:
> When we looked at this back in the 2.6.38 time-frame, there were several
> performance anomalies with this -- and an block-iopoll conversion -- and
> IIRC, neither was a win. It's possible that the issues were specific to
> the drivers and that newer hardware is better, but it'd be good to see
> the numbers.

Hello Dave,

Do you still have that measurement data available and/or the scripts
that were used to collect that data ? I'd like to have a look at which
test you ran such that I can repeat that test with Linus' master tree. A
lot has been changed since kernel 2.6.38 was released, e.g. several more
SCSI core and SRP initiator driver optimizations have been accepted
upstream since then. I have found an e-mail from you from 2010 with
measurement data attached in an .ods document but it's probably not that
e-mail that you are referring to
(http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg49216.html).

Thanks,

Bart.