> I'm not sure there is much use case for letting user space get
> involved in arbitary MAD traffic..

I was thinking more about easily supporting other queries - ServiceRecords,
MCMemberRecords, etc.  The only use case I'm currently aware of is PathRecords,
however.

> Over generalizing feels like over design and doesn't let us add
> valuable information that could help push policy decisions into user
> space, like passing the IP and TOS, QP type, etc when available, to
> userspace.

I agree.  This level of control would be better.  The current security model of
IB seems hopelessly broken.  IMO, all path data should come from privileged
users, without any ability of the app to modify it.

Changing the protocol shouldn't be a big deal, though if you wanted to make my
life easy, we could just adopt the ibacm sockets protocol directly.  :)

- Sean