On 6/30/2015 12:36 AM, Steve Wise wrote:
The semantics for MR access flags are not consistent across RDMA
protocols.  So rather than have applications try and glean what they
need, have them pass in the intended roles and attributes for the MR to
be allocated and let the RDMA core select the appropriate access flags
given the roles, attributes, and device capabilities.

wait, we have NFSoRDMA (net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/*) in the kernel for years and it works on top of both IB/RoCE and iWARP.I know they have there 5-6 memory registration methods.. but if we stick to their mode that uses fast registration ala your upstream commit 0f7ec3 "RDMA/core: Add memory management extensions support" -- what's missing or how come it work w/o the enhancement suggested here?Added Chuck.