On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 07:47:14PM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

> >>The lkey/rkey decision is passed in the fastreg post_send().
> >
> >That is too late to check the access flags.
>
> Why? the access permissions are kept in the mr context?

Sure, one could do if (key == mr->lkey) .. check lkey flags in the
post, but that seems silly considering we want the post inlined..

> I can move it to the post interface if it makes more sense.
> the access is kind of out of place in the mapping routine anyway...

All the dma routines have an access equivalent during map, I don't
think it is out of place..

To my mind, the map is the point where the MR should crystallize into
an rkey or lkey MR, not at the post.