On 9/24/2015 4:35 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 08:41:17AM +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:

We had a smaller volume move to cache the device attributes on the IB
device structure, and I just
realized it was dropped on the floor. Ira, that was a reviewer comment you
got when worked on OPA
and I missed the fact it didn't reach to acceptance
http://marc.info/?t=142309310600006&r=1&w=2
I vote for 1st and most doing this and taking things from there.

I'm strongly against this.  As the reviews show the move is highly
confusing.  The attributes don't change and there is no need to 'cache' or
'query' them.  Just merge them into the device, follow years of experience
with how every other Linux subsystem does it and be done with it.

Umm, are we on board with this one?

Christoph, would you mind rebasing it on top of 4.3-rc4 or so? I
want to develop over it so I can test it on the fly.