On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 06:30:28PM +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Doug,
>
> We're against into this... upstream is on 4.4-rc3 while your latest branch
> in kernel.org (the one that carries thefor-next tag) is rebased to
> 4.3-rc3...
>
> --> our internal build and review systems for patches to linux-rdma
> can'tmake any use of your tree. People here have to rebase their work
> against their own clones of Linus tree and can't work with our internal
> Gerrit rdma-next branch, etc, etc.

Why is your broken internal development process a concern to the kernel
community in general?

> We have to work in a very inefficient manner.

Then stop doing foolish things :)

> Any reason on earth not to rebase your tree (== create new branch, move
> their the for-next tag) after an rc1 is out? how long does this take?

Why does that matter?  You have access to everything, base your patches
on a -rc release.

And why are you concerning me with linux-rdma things, come on, you all
really don't want to drag me into this again...

thanks,

greg k-h