The Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:23:54 -0500 (EST)
Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, that explains why you had problems starting with 2.6.10!
>
> The explanation is simple enough, and it can be found in a line from your
> logs:
>
> Feb 17 21:19:09 gnondpom kernel: usb-storage: Fixing INQUIRY data to show
> SCSI rev 2 - was 4
>
> Back in 2.6.8, the usb-storage driver would automatically change the SCSI
> revision of any device to 2.  In 2.6.10 it doesn't do that if the actual
> revision is > 2.

Then it explains a lot. I see you have sent a patch for the REPORT_LUNS
problems. On my part all seem to work well so I can not do much more :-).
Here is the product page of the offending disk :

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10025

As usb (and firewire) disks will become more popular, I guess the scsi-dev
list should expect more problems of this kind :-(

Anyway, many thanks for your kindness and your reactivity (you and both
lists) :-)

Regards,
Samuel Colin