On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:45:28AM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:
> Having qla1280.c as a guide will help, thanks. My next question is, what
> does a NuBus architecture do in place of pci_(un)register_driver?

Eventually, you should use macio_(un)register_driver. However, I
don't have the support quite finished for mac68k. If I get some
time to work on it, I have most of the code written. It's close
enough that it should work on nubus-pmac, and I passed some
preliminary versions of the code off to them.

> My main reservation about embarking on this is that I don't think mac_scsi
> ever actually worked under 2.6 (or 2.5?) kernels. I'm not competent enough
> to submit a good, untested patch for a broken driver. Maybe the best thing
> is to make it work before worrying about style. At least then I can test
> my work.

I certainly never got it to work, but I only tried on my IIfx which
doesn't have exactly the same version of the chip anyway.

> To that end, I've included a boot log below. Maybe someone familiar with
> the NCR5380 driver can make some sense of the failure?

Looks to me like the interrupt came in after the driver already
decided to give up for some reason. I had a big problem with that
while I was trying to fix the driver to use DMA on the IIfx. I
never did get it to give me the interrupt for dma completion
before the scsi mid layer timed out.

        Brad Boyer
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]