Johann writes:
>Wow, an answer directly from Plasmon, that's nice. :-)

On my own time at the weekend, but I like to help... :-)

>I've already got the FUSE driver (udofs-1.1-92.i386.rpm, based on
>FUSE 1.4, is this current?!).

That's the latest release, yes. We're working on a new release at the
moment.

>It is nice for a standalone drive, but we use a SCSI robotic changer
>in conjunction with an HSM system (Legato DiskXtender 2.9) which
>needs some kind of direct access to the drive. It probes for
>/dev/nst*, but I guess /dev/sd* would also work.

Ah, OK.

>I know this exact configuration is not officially supported, but I'm a bit
>dissapointed that the limiting factor seems to be the Linux kernel. If I
>don't find a solution, it will probably become a Solaris/SPARC solution next
>week. :-(

:-( The problem (for us) is the hardware page size on i386. On an
architecture with a larger native page size (e.g. Alpha, sparc64), I'd
expect you'd be able to simply patch the sd driver to allow 8KB
support. A naive early attempt to do exactly that on i386 showed up
page size issues in the VM/block layer underneath, and we left it
alone at that point.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there