In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Johann Hanne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Wow, an answer directly from Plasmon, that's nice. :-)

>I've already got the FUSE driver (udofs-1.1-92.i386.rpm, based on
>FUSE 1.4, is this current?!). It is nice for a standalone drive, but
>we use a SCSI robotic changer in conjunction with an HSM system
>(Legato DiskXtender 2.9) which needs some kind of direct access to
>the drive. It probes for /dev/nst*, but I guess /dev/sd* would also
>work.

I'm a little confused here.  Tape devices have variable sector sizes.
I believe they're required to handle up to 64K in a unix environment.
The drives I work on go up to 256k.

Jay
--
* Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                *