Tejun Heo wrote:
Both all the list-heads need to be cleared, otherwise there may be list corruption next time the element is added to the list_head.

scmd->eh_entry is never used as list head. It's always used as list entry. So, technically, it needs not be cleared, I think. No? The problem we had was w/ shost->eh_cmd_q not being cleared.

Every node is a list_head. You want all pointers for all nodes pointing to something useful, even if they are not actively present on a list, so that they may be easily and corrected added to a list at a later time. Read list_del_init() for example.

        Jeff