On 10/11/14 18:11, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Hi Robert,

can you take a look at the patches at:

http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/scsi.git/shortlog/refs/heads/scsi-ioctl

and confirm if they fix your issue?

Hello Christoph,

At least to me patches 1/4..3/4 look like nice cleanup patches. Regarding patch 4/4: I'm not sure yet what's the best way for addressing potentially concurrent SG_SCSI_RESET ioctl calls. As far as I know many SCSI LLDs have been implemented assuming that eh_*_reset_handler() calls are serialized per SCSI host. Does this mean that a mutex has to be added to avoid that an eh_*_reset_handler() call can be triggered via an ioctl while at the same time the SCSI error handler thread is invoking one of the eh_*_reset_handler() callback functions due to SCSI error handling ?

For a prior discussion of this topic, see also http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.scsi/82582/focus=82747.

Bart.