None of the values will cause the current version of sg_reset to
retry the request.  Maybe -EBUSY should be returned, and interpreted
that way by future versions of sg_reset?

Eliminating serialization would be better, though.  Devices should
be independent, so bus device resets (that are not escalated)
should also be independent.