On 11/09/2016 04:36 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 03:32:48PM +0000, Don Brace wrote:
Do we need to add an entry for map_queues?

The existing driver only supports a single submission queue.
If some of the devices support more than one submission queue
we could enhance the driver to support it, but we'd need docs
and hardware.

Hardware is not an issue :-)

However, I'm still curious about the layout of the queues.
Are all queues (in performant mode) identical and can we use them for parallel submission? Or do we have to treat them differently? (There were some rumours that it actually uses the queues for different I/O sizes ...)

Once that is cleared up it shouldn't be too hard moving to full multiqueue support.
(If we have identical queues, that is :-)

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Teamlead Storage & Networking
h...@suse.de                                   +49 911 74053 688