On 06/20/2017 06:38 AM, Maurizio Lombardi wrote:

Dne 16.6.2017 v 18:08 Douglas Miller napsal(a):
Just to respond to James' question on the cause. What I observed was a race
condition between udevd (ses_init()) and a worker thread (do_scan_async()),
where the worker thread is creating the directories that are the target of the
symlinks being created by udevd.
Something was happening when udevd caught up with the worker thread (so the
target directory did not exist) and it seemed the worker thread either got
preempted or
else just could not stay ahead of udevd. This means that udevd started failing
to create symlinks even though the worker thread eventually got them all
created.
I did observe what appeared to be preemption, as the creation of directories
stopped until udevd finished failing all the (rest of the) symlinks.
Although there may have been other explanations for what I saw.

I am able to pass my testing with this patch. I don't see an official submit of
this patch, but will respond to it when I see one.
Thanks Douglas for testing it, I will resubmit the patch if no one has any
objections.

Maurizio.

I did not see any additional comments, and no objections. Is it time to submit the new patch?

Thanks,
Doug