Hi,

I currently doing communication with an hardware.

The problem is that this hardware uses a strange protocol.

9600, 9 Data Bits, Even parity, 1 Stop bit.

The strange part is the 9 data bits. It uses 9 data bits rather than 8 data
bits.

I have use Sun workstation to communicate with this hardware and it works
perfectly.

But when it comes to Windows platform, it start giving me problem.

How come Sun workstation can be configure to use 9 data bit and windows
platform cannot ?

Is Sun workstation using diferent UART chip from normal PC ?

Is there anyway around this ?

I have been suggested to buy a special card to commuincate with the
hardware(Windows platform).

Thank you.

Lee.

-