> cott Miller [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  wrote
        ON Thursday, April 27, 2000 2:38 PM
> Are you using the MAX3095 quad-RS-422/485?  I'm just starting on a project
> where I'm doing the same thing.
> skm
        Stuart,
        I have not really concentrated too much on the hardware at this
time. My primary concern at this time was to dig into the serial port
drivers and get the token-passing-protocol (BACnet) running on a
workstation. I think I have to have the serial ports software configurable
with RS-232 - RS-485 - RS-422 options, as some of the ports may use
different protocols.
        One area of concentration is to use TCP protocol to communicate with
the embedded system. I plan to use TCP/IP sockets 9000, 9001, 9002, 9003 to
connect to the embedded system, which will be serial ports 1-4 on the
embedded system.
        Gerald

-