On 03/14/2014 04:42 PM, hunter hu wrote:
Hi,

OK, I think I need to close the topic and drew a conclusion:

The conclusion is: my board in question, which is an IView435TPC,
doesn't allow any hacking on NAND by doing something magic inside closed
source boot1.

The conclusion fis based on my following observations:

 1. I have tried Installing to NAND sunxi wiki instructions, it works
    fine.  just git checkout lichee-dev, make the CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND
    changes with fatload inside include/configs/sun5i_a13.h, basically
    that is the line we put inside boot.cmd for boot.scr.  No need to do
    any dram configurations as we want to do in sd card boot case.
correct, dram is initialized by boot0/boot1
 2. when I was using nand-part tool to repartition the internal NAND,
    the last re-read partition table command returns -1 on the iview
    tablet, but return 0 on Olimex a13 board, which indicates something
    is going on in the iview nand.
nand-part may simply not support the newer version of libnand used on this tablet
 3. I could see no debugging output from serial when hooking up with
    UART1 on the iview, but everything is OK on Olimex NAND, I can see
    boot0 loading messages, as well as lichee-dev uboot, and my uImage
    output.
Closed blobs make you cry. You probably have an incompatible libnand. But fear not, the mtd driver is very slowly progressing. A year from now we might be thinking 'oh, heh, good riddens libnand is gone'.

So, the lesson learned here is for some of the commercial tablets out
there, they must have put some magic keys/encryptions to lock down their
internal NAND to prevent any hacking or manipulations, no debug output
from serial is a very good sign of such lock down.
You are the very first one that 'might' (unlikly) have a locked down nand. I sincerly doubt it's locked down at all.

Olliver

Hope these notes are helpful to someone, and my appreciations to all the
help from you guys.

Cheers,
-Hunter