On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 14:40 +0200, Olliver Schinagl wrote:
> If this is all deemed stable; then it can only be u-boot that somehow
> broke. The only thing I can imagine is tolerances or power usage
> somehow.

I could only take one bit in some register being somehow different to
push your particular bit of kit over the edge.

That's something I might be inclined to investigate, i.e. dump out all
the DRAM, clock, power controller etc registers on working and
non-working u-boot's and diff them looking for unexplained differences.

Ian.