On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/15/2014 08:56 PM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
>> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the patch. Looking at the outside of the qt840a box,
>>> I believe it is the same as the q5 (and the brandless box I have).
>>>
>>> With a PCB labelled i12 and I've already added a fex file for that ...
>>>
>>> Can you confirm that you've the same pcb as this one:
>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Q5-Allwinner-A20-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-1-2GHz-OTA-Miracasr-DLNA-Support-1G-RAM/1834930044.html
>>
>> Yes, it looks identical and does say I12 on the PCB.
>
> Good, since I'm having trouble with my I12 tv box with the ethernet
> I've ordered a qt840a for myself. This seems to also use a different

Shall we keep the wiki page I created[1]?

> wifi chip, as it claims to have 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi. What is written
> as identifaction number on the wifi/bt module ?

The wifi is a broadcom ap6330 using the bcmdhd driver as per factory
firmware. I've not spent too much time with it yet.

> I was going to say that it would be best if you would merge any
> improvements you've into the i12-tvbox fex file already there,
> but if you've a different wifi chip that is not a good idea.

I can't see a i12-tvbox.fex in sunxi-boards git tree. What should I look for?

> So first lets see which wifi your board uses.

What about my u-boot patch? Did you create a dram file for the board too?

>>> And also does your ethernet port work ? Mine is flaky, and it seems
>>> that the fex file is incorrect wrt the ethernet (on my pcb it needs
>>> PH21 as emac power gpio to work at all.
>>
>> I switched to gmac and disabled "RGMII-by-default" in the gmac driver
>> to get it to work. I'll send out the patch now that I know my earlier
>> patches actually hit the list.
>>
>>> Is your ethernet phy also the ic ip101a-lp ?
>>
>> Yes.
>

> Hmm, and it works reliable ? Can you try to "ping -f something-on-your-lan"
> and see if you experience any packet drop. I get 10% packet drop or more.

Yes, I've done ping testing, nothing more yet.

> My ip101a-lp also gets quite hot, can you touch yours (for a while) while it
> is in operation to see if it too gets hot ? I've a feeling mine is just
> broken ...

I'll try it out.

[1] http://linux-sunxi.org/Semitime_Qt840a