Hi Hans,

(Do you explicitly change headers so that a reply-all doesn't include
your email id? If so, I won't manually try to add you back again)

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/16/2014 10:38 AM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
>> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Good, since I'm having trouble with my I12 tv box with the ethernet
>>> I've ordered a qt840a for myself. This seems to also use a different
>>
>> Shall we keep the wiki page I created[1]?
>
> Yes that seems like a good idea, not some highres pictures of the entire pcb
> (both front and back) would make a good addition.

Will do.

> Also can you please:
> 1) Create a link named I12-tvbox from the frontpage to this page.
> 2) Add some notes that the same pcb is also used in a tvbox called the q5 and
> in some brandless boxes (with the same port layout / enclosure)
> 3) Add a note that the qt840a uses an ap6330 wifi/bt module where as the
>    q5 and nonames uses an ap6210 wifi.bt module.

Done.

>>> wifi chip, as it claims to have 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi. What is written
>>> as identifaction number on the wifi/bt module ?
>>
>> The wifi is a broadcom ap6330 using the bcmdhd driver as per factory
>> firmware. I've not spent too much time with it yet.
>>
>>> I was going to say that it would be best if you would merge any
>>> improvements you've into the i12-tvbox fex file already there,
>>> but if you've a different wifi chip that is not a good idea.
>>
>> I can't see a i12-tvbox.fex in sunxi-boards git tree. What should I look for?
>
> I committed and pushed it May 14th, maybe you need to update your checkout ?
>
> I've just also added your qt840a.fex since the ap6210 uses wifi_mod_sel = 7
> where as the ap6330 uses wifi_mod_sel = 8.
>
>>> So first lets see which wifi your board uses.
>>
>> What about my u-boot patch? Did you create a dram file for the board too?
>
> Yes, that one I had not pushed yet, but I just did, if you checkout the latest
> sunxi branch code, then you can do:
> make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- i12-tvbox_config
> make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu-
>
> And you will get a u-boot which should work fine on your board too.
>
> As for your patch I've not seen that one, I guess it somehow never made it
> to the list. But is no longer necessary, the i12-tvbox target should work
> 100% for you.

Have you tried to disabling screen1_output_type in your fex file?
Disabling it kills my ethernet for some very strange reason I cannot
figure out yet.

Keeping it enabled gives me lots of kernel warnings and dire messages
of "LCD in danger"

Same thing with the ctp_int_port - I was confused why it needed to be
enabled for ethernet to work until you mentioned PH21 as the emac/gmac
power gpio. Having added that line to [gmac_para] I can now disable
the [ctp_para] but still unable to disable screen1_output_type.

>>> Hmm, and it works reliable ? Can you try to "ping -f something-on-your-lan"
>>> and see if you experience any packet drop. I get 10% packet drop or more.
>>
>> Yes, I've done ping testing, nothing more yet.
>
> Regular ping, or ping -f  ? ping -f floods the line with as much packets as
> possible so it is a bit more of a stress test.
>
>>> My ip101a-lp also gets quite hot, can you touch yours (for a while) while it
>>> is in operation to see if it too gets hot ? I've a feeling mine is just
>>> broken ...
>>
>> I'll try it out.
>
> Great, let me know how it goes :)

The ethernet is indeed flaky with a kernel oops showing up after a bit.