On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 09:37:59PM +0100, bruce bushby wrote:
> Doesn't help....which suggests I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.
>
> bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 loglevel=9 earlyprintk
>
> In my defconfig I have:
> CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME=y
> CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
> CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y
> CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y
>
> The board I'm using in A20-SOM-EVB ...which was only released in May and is
> not yet supported ...hence all my issues with uboot (no network) and "dtb"
>
> Compiling uboot for "cubietruck" allows me to ping and tftp load my
> uImage....but it gets to Starting Kernel...... and thats it. I suspect
> thats because ttyS0 is not correctly defined in the dtb I'm using.

You do realise you could physically damage your board doing so, right?

Please, have an idea of what you are doing, ask for help before doing
anything stupid, or do nothing, but don't do that kind of thing.

> I'll ask if anybody has started using these boards....can't imagine the
> community will ignore them for long. Thanks again for all your help, much
> appreciated!!!!

As you've seen, there's no support for this. We're not ignoring it, we
just don't have that hardware.

So either you wait, or you learn how to do it properly and do so. But
just doing that kind of thing isn't going to work.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com