Siarhei Siamashka sorry for the direct email instead of
into list I hit enter at the wrong time. Before I had
all selected.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Siarhei Siamashka
<siarhei.siamas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 19:56:53 -0800 (PST)
> oia...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I think we need to bring this back to simple.
>
> Thanks for sharing your opinion. But first of all, please start
> playing by the rules yourself. This is a technical mailing used by
> free software developers. And the subscribers are expected to
> respect "Proper conduct", as explained in the linux-sunxi wiki:
>     http://linux-sunxi.org/Mailing_list
>
> Which means making sure that you don't violate:
>     http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
>
> And in particular, the "Make sure your lines are no longer than 72 to
> 76 characters in length" rule.
Most of the mailing lists I post to have autowrap this one does not
so I am sorry..

I posted by google groups I was not aware the mailing list lacked
that.
Note I really don't care cases of proprietary.   I just care about
compliance.

Its customers making the devices and customers receiving devices
that end up on the major receiving end of enforcement.

If it done right everything is good.

>> Siarhei Siamashka there are compliance tools.
>> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/programs/legal/compliance/tools
>> Are you using them.  If not please start using them.   If you are
>> using them please open bug reports for the cases that these issues
>> got missed.
>
> Are you now telling me to do your homework? But this is not how free
> software development works. Don't just come here with a consumer
> attitude. We (free software developers) owe you nothing. Please start
> using these tools yourself and submit issues at github if you are
> really interested in improving Allwinner's licenses compliance. Thanks
> in advance for your cooperation.

Sorry from a legal point of view author of the code don't have to submit
an issue to github instead they should be recommended to submit a
DCMA takedown notice as this is the correct policy as per github..

https://help.github.com/articles/dmca-takedown-policy/

Please note "E. Repeated Infringement" in the github rules.

Yes repeat infringer of copyright loss the right to host on github.

> However recently Allwinner has created a project at github with
> the documentation releases:
>     https://github.com/allwinner-zh/
> And also apparently hired David Lanzendörfer to take care of the
> communication with the linux-sunxi community:
>     https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-sunxi@googlegroups.com/msg10021.html
> I don't know if David Lanzendörfer can really replace Tom Cubie
> and do the same (or better) job, but this looks like a positive
> change overall and I can only welcome it.
>
> Also Allwinner has recently started releasing the kernel, bootloader
> and some other software to the same project at github. Yes, they are
> making some mistakes in the process of doing this, but they are
> also responding to the requests in the issue tracker and trying to
> resolve them. Surely this looks a bit awkward and the licenses
> compliance could have been handled better by avoiding some basic
> mistakes. As the others have already mentioned in this discussion
> thread, the most interesting question is why Linaro is not supervising
> this process? Wasn't Linaro supposed to improve the Allwinner's open
> source situation (and is probably even getting paid for that)?

Siarhei Siamashka think of this if they don't improve their processes
we will lose https://github.com/allwinner-zh/ because infringement is not
allowed on github.   If there is any question about stuff being ready.
Allwinner really need to place it on a china server first.  Then I can run
compliance tools and send them messages.

The problem here is also the recommendation to just submit issue.

If you are a author of the code you are not meant to submit
issue tracker by github rules but instead DCMA submit takedown
notices.

Github will also take offence at copyright infrignment reports being
in the issues sections of github as evidence of repeat offending.

Yes I know they are making mistake.   The problem I have is where
they are making mistakes.   Github is not a place to make mistakes
over copyright.

https://help.github.com/articles/guide-to-submitting-a-dmca-takedown-notice/
"Ask Nicely First. A great first step before sending us a takedown
 notice is to try contacting the user directly. They may have listed
 contact information on their public profile page or in the repository's
 README, or you could get in touch by opening an issue or pull request
 on the repository. This is not strictly required, but it is classy."

Reality there needs to be a email address for copyright faults.

Next note the last sentence.
"This is not strictly required, but it is classy"

Obey github rules emailing or opening a issue is optional.

>From the same page notice this.
"Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that
 use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing
 web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent,
 or the law."

DMCA allows anyone to submit a takedown notice as long as it
correct.

Yes complaints are meant use copyri...@github.com after legal advice
.if you no longer have faith that it will be fixed or you believe its
going to be
ongoing problem.

Be warned as well Software Freedom Conservancy will provide free
legal advance when doing a DCMA takedown notice.

Cost to person submitting a DCMA takedown notice is nothing more than time.

Siarhei Siamashka I am not trying to be mean.  The problem is this is
a very deep legal hole with nasty long term side effects.

Completely drop the point of view that people need to find copyright
problems and report them to the project.   The project needs to be
copyright clean on everything they submit to github to protect their
github account.

Basically we need to fix this issue before allwinner gets bitten.

One of the advantage of git is the means to host on many servers.

Allwinner need to serous-ally consider hosting on their own server for
early release not fully audited stuff.  China as far as I know does not
have a DCMA take down equal.

Siarhei Siamashka I will say I made a mistake I thought you were one
of the ones in charge.   Basically we need to get a message to
David Lanzendörfer as priority 1.   Because this simply copyright
infringement issues cannot keep on happening on github it will
bite badly sooner or latter.

Peter Dolding